Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Honee D Interview

As I click away through myspace as I do when Im bored I stumbled upon this young lady. Now I'm not a big "female rapper fan" but she's very pleasing listen to and to look at =] She was nice enough to answer a few questions for me. I introduce HoneeD




What is your reason for making music? How long have you been rapping/making music?

I make music because it allows be to creatively express myself. I've been thru a lot in my life, and my music keeps me sane, and allows me to reach out to others who have been thru the same things, and let them know they arent alone. My MAIN reason for making music is for "the people". Everyone responds well to it, so i give them what they want and make more. LoL I have only been rapping or 3 years, but i have been writing for 6.


How did you settle/choose the name HoneeD?

I was in the studio one night with one of my producers 10-beatz. I was babbling on about what i should call myself, and how I cant come up with a name..and outta nowhere he just said, "your hOnee D." It sounded cute to me at the time, so i stuck with it.


What are your feelings towards rap/hip-hop now? Who do you feel is really representing female wise?

I feel like hip hop is still alive. Times change, and so does music..and the way things are done and represented. Lil' mama does her thing to the max. Her lyrical abilities are outstanding! she gOez hard! Of course the queen Missy always does her thing and represents well. Erykah Badu is on too!

How hard is for you to get your "sound" out? Like most people today dont really have creative control over their music. How would you advise others to take control of their medium?

At first, it was really hard to get my "sound" out. The guys wanted me to be about "sexiness, and seduction." Some females wanted me to "go hard with the guys & represent lyrically." I was torn in between the two at first. I had to really take time out, and find myself before I gained enough confidence to really say, you know what..eff this! Im going to do what I want to do, and only work with people who want the same thing as I do. The only advice I would give is to stay true to yourself, and what you want! Dont let others decide on who you will be, and what you will do. In the end, your the only one who will suffer from not being true to yourself!


Who do you want your music reach? And what do you want people to get from your music?

I want my music to reach everyone! Mainly the more mature crowd tho. But i also try to make stuff that the younger music lovers can dance to, and sing along to without them having to degrade themselves, or anyone else while doing so. I want people to get inspiration from my music. I want them to love it, and be able to say "if she can do it, so can I."


What are your plans for the upcoming year? Where do you see HoneeD in the near future?

My plans are to work, work, work my butt off! Get more material out there, and gain more fan base. I see myself getting signed to a major label in the near future...if things go as planned. LoL..Or at least writing, or co-producing for another major artist. Whatever im doing in the near future, it will involve music. That's a promise.


What advice would you give for other upcoming artist?

Dont give up! Never give up on your dream. I know it sounds cliche, but its the truth. If your heart & soul is into your music, theres no way you wont succeed. I promise that too. No half-stepping. If your going to go for it...then go for it! Give it your all.



Interview Credit-K0le

No comments:


Serve You Suckers