Monday, September 15, 2008

Stalley Interview

My left toe Evanka actually tuned me into this guy. Known by the name "Stalley" his style of music speaks so smoothly of what I call "old world hip-hop" and I love it for that. Its that sitting on the stoop music that New York was once known for and hopefully artist like him can bring it back.




What is your reason for making music?How long have you been rapping/making music?

(Money hoes and clothes all a nigga knows) lol nah just kidding lol.
My reasons for making music is because its in meeh, its my outlet, how I express myself, its what I love too do. Its my opportunity to change peoples outlook on life.
I've been rapping half my life, but I've been serious with making music and recording for the past 2 years.

How did you settle/choose the name Stalley?

I actually got the nickname from my father
its a nickname that my family would call meeh growing up.
(R.I.P Dad)


What are your feelings towards rap/hip-hop now? Who do you feel is really representing?

I love Rap/Hip Hop so regardless of the state of hip hop right now I will always respect the art of it. My feelings towards it at the present time is, I take it for what its worth. With that being said I feel that everyone is representing in their own unique way.

How hard is for you to get your "sound" out? Like most people today don't really have creative control over their music. How would you advise others to take control of their medium?

Its not hard for meeh at all to get my music out with the help of word of mouth, myspace, imeem, and various blogs such as the one you have here (thank you for the interview). As far as having creative control I'm currently unsigned so that's something I don't have a issue with. I will stay unsigned if I have too relinquish my creative control, but if I do signed that is something I will make sure to pay very close attention to, because that is something mega important too meeh and my music.
Stand for something or fall for anything. I feel a lot of artist should stop tap dancing and taking the easy way out with these labels and take responsibility for their music and create their own outlets, and in doing that you can have total creative control over your music.

Who do you want your music to reach? And what do you want people to get from your music?

I want my music too reach everyone across the board. I want people too get growth, understanding, and that nostalgic feeling and love for hip hop. The same feeling I got sitting in my room listening too my boom box.

What are your plans for the upcoming year? Where do you see Stalley in the near future?

My plans for the upcoming year are to grow as a man, too live life right in the sight of the most high, to motivate, innovate and continue too work hard and put out Mega music.
I see myself growing, getting better and in every ones face where ever you look you will see Stalley LOL. (God willing)

What advice would you give for other upcoming artist?

Stay true too you, no matter what be yourself and let you reflect in your music, just be natural.

Thank you for the opportunity and and showing meeh love its much appreciated. everyone make sure if you haven't already download the mixtape "GoinAPe" off my myspace page its free until next time. www. myspace. com/stalleysb

Peace and Many blessings

3 comments:

evanka said...

awww... still waiting for some f0ing gigs.

mo0 said...

im loving babes..u killt it

Anonymous said...

I wrote these questions


Serve You Suckers