Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Love...

What is love??? ... Its been really on my mind this week to examine what us humans percieve as loving a person. The bible states..Corinthians Chap 13v4-8

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails...."

If this is the true essence of what love should be then can we say we LOVE someone. I dont believe that you can truly love someone and cheat on them repeatedly or speak harshly to them on a daily basis. Selfish thoughts or actions are sometimes a highlight point where you need to check out whats going on in yourself first before you say those words to another person. The last verse really gets me " Love never fails..." is it possible that one part of us, that emotion can never fail us.

I've known "someone" since I was 12 and had a realationship with them starting at 16 and has recently come to a slow grind. I can say I love them because I will always care. But when we both started acting selfishly it was a sign that maybe the rock that once was love was chipping away.

I will end this little piece like this "It is okay to be alone."

Sometimes I fear this is Truth ... But I still have a little hope...Do you??

1 comment:

colin said...

the truth is to be feared...that's why we hide it. when you can strike fear you gain power. that's why falling love leaves us so powerless. the truth is our demise. hide that shit or its over for that ass.


Serve You Suckers